11 Surefire Ways to Excel in Teamwork at Work
Copyright © 2011 by Ty Howard. All rights reserved.
Listen... Can you hear and feel The Excel in Teamwork at Work Chant?
It's this very energy and enthusiasm that has brought many companies - across the world - to realize that successful office teamwork increases performance, productivity, growth, morale and excellence. If you truly want to create, empower and grow a successful work team at work, practice and make the following 11 Surefire Ways to Excel in Teamwork at Work the new norm inside your workplace:
1. See More. Every successful work team starts out and lives by "One Vision—One Team!"
2. Listen More. Listen continuously to the needs, concerns, desires, beliefs and overall pulse of your team.
3. Communicate More. Create a standard where everyone on the team will be consistent, transparent, professional, honest and fair with all communications amongst the team.
4. Get To Know One Another More. Successful work teams go and flow because each team member 'knows' with whom they are teamed up and working with.
5. Collaborate More. Find and create ways to get and keep everyone on the team involved in the teamwork process.
6. Cooperate More. Every team, even highly successful teams, experience conflicts, disagreements, tension, disappointments, problems, challenges, and setbacks. Create a code of conduct within your work team where each member agrees to quickly and professionally settle all problems, challenges and conflicts for the continued success, growth and betterment of the team.
7. Get Organized More. Teams that succeed and excel today get and are organized on every level because it frees and empowers them to thrive that way.
8. Contribute More. Challenge each team member to make a commitment to make it personal and meaningful for them to constantly contribute to the ongoing success of the team.
9. Accomplish More. Set goals as a team, build on small wins (successes or accomplishments), and keep a written report on your teams accomplishments (small, medium or large).
10. Recognize & Commend More. It takes continuous recognition and commendation to keep a team committed, thriving and growing together. Recognize and commend your team members at the small win level, medium win level, and the large win level.
11. Celebrate More. After dedicated, meaningful and successful teamwork, every excelling team wants and loves to celebrate! When you make it to this point of office teamwork success do whatever in your power to pause, celebrate, have fun, and start back at number one of this process.
I am well aware, for some companies the above process might be a bit difficult to introduce and practice in your workplace in the beginning, yet I am sure, you can introduce the steps one-by-one and your team members will gradually start enjoying the new growth, harmony and success of the team over time.
Remember, empower and echo the chant inside your company, starting today: One Vision—One Team! A Successful Work Team Definitely Gets MORE Done When It Works Together & Excels As One!
About the Author: Ty Howard,
Mr. Untie the Knots®,
Freeing Maximal Business, Performance, and Human Potential Daily
Ty Howard is an internationally recognized authority on organizational and managerial practices that optimize employee performance and success. He is the creator and lead facilitator of the trademarked "Untie the Knots® Optimal Performance Process," and the author of Untie the Knots®: Improving Habits, Choices, People, Relationships, Performance and Results, as well as dozens of published articles on employee and organizational performance and development worldwide. For information on his programs and services, visit: http://www.tyhoward.com.
Copyright © 2001 - 2017 by Ty Howard. All Rights Reserved.
For Personal Use Only.
Commercial use without written permission is NOT allowed.
To inquire about this article or any of Ty Howard’s products, special appearances, book signings or speaking services, contact Ty Howard by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit his web site www.tyhoward.com. You may also reach his business office by telephone at (443) 982-7582.
Sign-Up for Ty's FREE
Call or email Ty's business office and your questions, comments and/or requests will be reviewed by a team member, then forwarded to Ty.Email: email@example.com
Learn more about Mr. Untie the Knots®. Click Here
"Everyone truly enjoyed your message, as well as your very funny and entertaining delivery. We wish you continued success as you share your positive mind-set, philosophy and inspiration with other teams around the world."
~ Sheri S., Vice President, Research & Development
"Ty, Thank you for serving as the opening keynote speaker for our recent Annual Johns Hopkins HR Conference: Celebrating HR. Judging by the energetic response of your audience and the numerous high ratings post-conference evaluations we received, your presentation, Untie the Knots®, was well-received, relevant, and inspiring. We especially appreciated your sense of humor, comfort with the topic, very engaging and dynamic style, and obvious preparation. It was a pleasure having you on our agenda!"
~ Jeb K., The HR Conference Committee, Johns Hopkins Annual HR Conference
"Ty, I cannot say THANK YOU enough for such an amazing job you did today! Your Building an Attitude of Excellence motivational keynote presentation was exactly on point, per our discussion and requests. Our staff left the assembly feeling energized and feeling a higher sense of purpose."
~ Bobvita S., Strategic Director of Human Resources, University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business